Saturday, June 28, 2008

Calendar-Inspired Nature Paintings

Here are two more chinese brush paintings patterned after those in a calendar, but with some changes to the original for the bamboo painting. This is an old calendar issued in 2004 by the TC Choy Group that operates TC Choy's Asian Bistro and Oceanic Oriental Supermarket. The proprietors hailed from Malaysia and we have patronized both premises on numerous occasions, though lately the freqeuncy has been decreasing somewhat after we moved from South Tampa to next to USF. Also, the calendar is on loan to us from Tom, who also dabbles in chinese brush painting and has the good sense to keep the calendar after all this while. That has been my good fortune indeed. I plan to finish painting the entire calender in a couple of weeks' time, which would necessitate a quickening of my current pace, for I have been keeping the calendar for quite some time now.



2 comments:

Lee Wei Joo said...

Absolutely gorgeous mom!

c.y. lee said...

I love when the flowers are outlined--these are very beautiful. I like the first one, too, except it seems like a random mix--why is there a cherry blossom branch on the floor by the bamboo?? I do like all those colors together, though!