Sunday, June 8, 2008

Chinese Brush Painting of Flowers and Nature

These paintings are patterned after those found in the publication Chinese Brush Painting (Pauline Cherrett, Quintet Publishing Ltd., 1991) on loan to me by Tom of Middle Way Buddhist Association.



I added these Chinese verses penned by Kong Ming, the famous military strategist in the Chinese Epic, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, loosely translated as "Who can realize the great dream first? I'm the only one through this life."

Magnolia.

Orange Climber.

Peaches.

Dicentra.

3 comments:

Lee Wei Joo said...

Loved the first and second ones, the frog is naturally expressive and the sleeping monk seems to embody the verse. The paintings of the natural flora are pretty good too!

c.y. lee said...

Heehee!! A new animal! I like the frog! I also really like the magnolias and orange climbers. I also like the trees in the human one. Yay for new techniques!

Unknown said...

Fantastic sketches. I would like to appreciate your talent.