Monday, June 16, 2008

Landscape Paintings

These black and white landscape paintings are based on a rather old chinese guidebook on chinese brush paintings on loan from my Arts teacher, Mrs. Fan.

This is a 1982 edition (unfortunately, it did not say when the original edition appeared based on my skimming of the publication, which Mrs. Fan bought in 1983). The guidebook incorporates practically the whole gamut of typical subjects one would learn in chinese brush paintings from landscape to all things one finds in nature. This treasure trove of learning tips would serve me for quite a long while.









4 comments:

Lee Wei Joo said...

lovely landscapes!

c.y. lee said...

Mm! I love the detail in the first one. I especially like the first and third ones. In the last one, it looks like the person is holding a surfboard...heehee! I really like the tree, too, but the rocks look a bit 'out-of-focus'--maybe a thinner/sharper brush to make it look sharper?

Say Lee said...

Yeah right, surfboard to go with the traditional garb. It's a kind of musical instrument like a smaller version of guzheng.

Mom just broke through the 10,000 barrier for the first time today, thanks to the evening walk, while my highest for the 4 days is 8000+. And that's pedometer talk.

c.y. lee said...

Yay!! Great job!!! It was really Brian's idea for the pedometers--he was thinking about getting them for his folks too, but didn't in the end, and so I decided that I would! I am so happy you guys are using them. :D