Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Kung Fu Pandas? Maybe Not!

This past week saw my paintings went into circulation for the very first time. And for a good cause, making it a memorable Memorial Day weekend. First, I handed over a portion of my card drawings to Viky, a USF graduate student from China who purchased for me a substantial portion of my arts supply on his recent trip back to China last month, for his group of USF students from China on a charity sale in aid of the Earthquake victims of Sichuan, China. Then I brought the balance to another charity sale event in conjuction with the Vesak Day Celebration organized by Samadhi Buddhist Meditation Center of St. Pete, this time in aid of the victims of Cyclone Nargis in Myanmar. My friend, Hilton, was so kind as to mention the matter in his blog on the occasion here.

According to Viky, the "best-selling" of my painting cards are pandas. So to replenish my stock, I painted these today. Hubby suggested perhaps I could paint some pandas in various kungfu poses, in view of the pending release of the Dreamworks Production, Kung Fu Panda, this Friday. But I'm worried it may constitute copy rights infringement, even though I'm sure my pandas would be different. Any advice?











5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pandas!
Thanks for the link back.
All the best...
Hilton

Lee Wei Joo said...

Panda picture moment! All for a good cause as well, keep it up mom!

Anonymous said...

your pandas are beautiful!! congratulations!

c.y. lee said...

Mom... A panda playing the flute... Really... Come on. :) I love the baby panda in the third one!

Say Lee said...

That was my first impression too, which of course is a totally ridiculous one. Then common sense dictates that it is biting into a bamboo stem. Pandas actually prefer young bamboo stems to leaves.