Sunday, March 2, 2008

Experimenting ...

In addition to imagination, I think it's good to experiment in drawing and painting as well, an approach, when applied judiciously in life, would serve us well too (afterall there are only limited opportunities in life for experimentation as the repercussions cannot be erased just like that as in drawing and painting).

So I tried experimenting with the metallic gold powder paint on various colored cards to see which color background will blend and contrast well with the metallic gold color drawing. Here are the results and you are welcome to comment as to their relative merits. Incidentally, hubby and I are in agreement on the ratings indicated below.

Hmm, palm shaking from side to side (aka ambivalent, so-so, etc.)

I would rate this as the best, after the white background obviously.

Anything on the white background is usually the best, except when using white or other very light metallic paint. So this is more like the control or gold standard (pardon the pun) for comparison.

This I would rate as the same as that on the yellow background.

Hmm, equivocally non-commital.

This is surprisingly good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the last one. The contrast in colour is good. Somehow it cools my mind when I look at it.

Bell

Anonymous said...

I found that you drew Guan Yin in your previous blog. Maybe, you can try Guan Yin on this grey-bluish paper.

Bell

Lee Wei Joo said...

Very impressive mom, I really loved the new experimentation.

Anonymous said...

I really like this series