Sunday, March 30, 2008

Chrysanthemum Flourish

We had a 3-1 complement for the Arts class today, Mrs. Kim being unable to attend because of some mechanical problem on her car that needed to be fixed. But we plowed on, diligently cultivating chrysanthemum, out of water color that is, under the watchful eyes of Mrs. Fan. And here are the fruits of my harvest, a bountiful one I would say.












And the butterflies showed themselves, revealing themselves under my brush tip.

And silence embedded therein. This particular stroke combination of the Chinses character was patterned after one that I've seen in a particular calligraphy book. It does look slightly different from the one normally in print. I guess calligraphy, being a free form expression, may not have to be circumscribed within a rigid format, perhaps bringing much chagrin to the language purists in our midst.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to visit your site, Bee.

I am amazed at the versatility of your artistic drawings and paintings....I try to "rate" which ones I like the best, but am unable to do so as they all are so good. I did especially enjoy seeing you blend calligraphy into your art.

Keep up the good work....your teacher must be very proud of your work.

Arnold

Bee said...

Thanks, Arnold, for your kind words.

Let's just say our teacher is satisfied with the efforts we have put in.