Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Glimpses into scenes of nature in Ancient China

Today's glimpses into the landscape sceneries typical of ancient times in China have been made possible by the painting guidebook I first introduced here. It has been on loan to me from Mrs. Fan, my Arts teacher, for a while now.

I'm quickening my pace of going through the book, by painting images thereon, which is the way I know best, so that I could return the guidebook to her when she returns from vacation any time now.

Majestic mountains, statuesque trees, torrential waterfalls, simple houses nestled within the sheer cliff-like rockscape, combine to project an idyllic setting that is the yearning of city folks. One can almost breathe the fresh air permeating ...













1 comment:

Lee Wei Joo said...

The last one is especially detailed and flowing, I'm at a loss for words! Keep up the excellent work mom!