Thursday, April 24, 2008

Stocking up my Arts Supply

Hubby has been busy since early in the week, hence a longer than usual hiatus in between getting my drawings up. I too have taken some time off from the activity, this week being another off week for the Arts class.

I received a call from Mrs. Fan, my arts teacher, informing that she is back in town. So the next class has been planned for the coming Sunday. Meanwhile, my friend, Sophia, has also returned from Taiwan with a load of rice papers (two large packages), chinese brushes, calligraphy book, ink stone/stick, and my own name stamps (yes two, one in my given name, the other, my Dharma name) carved in stone (I think) that I can now proudly display on my drawings. But perhaps next time.

My brother-in-law from Singapore is also in the process of mailing to me a set of Chinese brush painting learning series published in China that cover the Four Gentlemen (Plum blossoms, Orchid, Chrysanthemum, and bamboo) and more (Peony, lotus). He bought them in a Popular Book sale. Here's a cover for one of them.

My friend from China, Viky, told us that the price is the same as the published price in China, which means it is a bargain. Viky is flying back to Guangzhou, China tomorrow and will return three weeks later with another load of my Chinese arts supply.

So enjoy the flower offerings.















2 comments:

Lee Wei Joo said...

Simple, yet so eminently elegant. The dragonfly is a nice touch! I especially loved the first and fifth drawings.

c.y. lee said...

Mm!!! I like how the birds seem to be admiring--and even chirping about--the beauty of the flowers in the first painting. As always, I love the plum blossom pictures. I am quite impressed and really like the fifth one, and I also like the sixth one. I also like the bamboo one.