Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Smorgasbord of Drawings

With time, my collection of brushes has grown. The latest addition was gotten at the AOE Arts Supply, thanks to Linda, which is very close to our home. I figure that the small ring-like ribbons at the top of the brushes must serve a purpose beyond mere aesthetics. So I turned the styrofoam cushions that came with our PC into a hanging panel for the brushes, with push pins adding as hanging supports, tucked into a wall corner on the table. Instead of putting them into their respective cases, I would just hang them for air drying as shown. Just another instance of making use of materials, especially those about to be discarded, a crude DIY or sort.

My corner of Chinese brushes. The box in front houses the four brushes I recently bought from AOE Arts Supply that are among the hanging brushes. The Chinese calligraphy on the wall to the right is not by me, but by Venerable Hui Zhen.

Last week was another off week, for the Arts teacher. But not me, and here are the works in progress.

Mountain scene 1.

Mountain scene 2.

The Lan.

The butterfly.

The bamboo.

The Mei.

1 comment:

c.y. lee said...

Beautiful!! Great job, Mom! I like the variety of paintings in this one, although of course I like to see them all. It is also interesting, when one entry features the same type of subject, to see the differences among each one. Great job on the butterfly! I really like how fluid the wings look.