Monday, January 7, 2008

The Animal Kingdom: A Microcosm

Today is the first day of the Spring semester. Since CE has classes from morning to evening, I was alone most of the time during the day. So in between attending to my daily Buddhist lessons such as reciting sutras and chanting mantras, I spent some time delving into the animal kingdom, the way I know best: first observing how it's done and then drawing. Here they are, ensconced in their natural habitats, going about their business.

A lady bug perched squarely on a leaf.

A butterfly hovering gingerly above its favorite haunt.

A dragonfly dancing its way through the fluttering shapely leaves.

A flock of birds frolicking in the cover of the tree branch.

And the adorable panda having a leafy feast brings up the rear.

1 comment:

Release Live said...

Hello, Me again...

nice art work..let me share my 2 cents...

Picture 1: My favoritest one of all in this time...I love the lady bugs..the shell of lady bugs and the head --excellent job, very very natural way of drawing, the light and dark pink bring out the texture and the shape of the lady bugs...I think remeind of me that calender from a chinese artist at your house.,.leaf probably can be modified for more..

Picture 2: I love the wings of the butteryfly the purple and pink is a nice combination..

Picture 3: I like how the blue color make the fly stand out..cute...

Picture 4&5: I like the bamboo leaf...

Keep it up. :-) thank you so much for your helps on my english and life, I don't really feel anything when it's about english and grammer, so don't worry.

thank you for your yummmmy foods and cooking.

smile, yu huei