Thursday, December 13, 2007

Passion, Like-Minded Friends, Purpose, Love

I have been drawing since early this week. While I subscribe to the adage that practice makes perfect, I think the enthusiasm is also buoyed by my rekindled passion in drawing, seemingly trying to make up for the lost time while devoting full attention to my family and my work as a teacher prior to my retirement. Another reason is my good fortune in landing a great arts teacher who is eager to share her experience. And to top it all, I could use the products of my creative bent, honed under proper tutelege, to touch another heart, to make a child smile. I'm truly blessed.

A hobby to get passionate about, like-minded friends to share with, and a purpose to it all, all the ingredients of a great retirement. Not to mention a fabulous hubby who would rather spend time blogging about my hobby than doing any of the other things that he could have indulged in.

But enough basking in self admiration. Here are some of the works in progress, as tomorrow it will be back to the drawing board under the watchful eyes of Mrs. Fan.

Wooded dwellings in the shadow of a distant mountain range (camera shot).

A glow as a backdrop to a lone bamboo (camera shot).

Trees among rocks.

A cascading waterfall.

Another cascading waterfall going the other direction.


I guess as long as one's work is founded on love, everyday is a good day, and the chinese character for love is just another excuse for me to practice my Chinese calligraphy (camera shot).

1 comment:

Release Live said...

Great job, I love the mountain, and the water fall, getting better and better everyday.

both water fall r really nice, and I like the tree amongs the rocks.

It's great you find your passion in life, that's so nice to able to enjoy life daily with Buddhism, drawing and a great family.

I think Beekhoon sister is lucky because Beekhoon sister is a beautiful person with beautiful heart so good karma follow back.

:-) keep it up.

thank you agaiin for the creating those beautiful cards for the child to make them smile