Sunday, December 30, 2007

Flowers Galore and Ruminating

Last night, while the two males in the house were engrossed in watching the day long telecasts of college football bowl games (starting from 1pm till late at night), in between alternating with the NFL game featuring the as-yet unbeated Patriots against the NY Giants, I kept myself busy by drawing flowers, fruits, sceneries of mountains, trees, a bird and a fish, and writing chinese calligraphy, on 16 blank cards. Most are based on drawings in books on loan to me, for a limited time, by one friend or another.

While some are reserved to be used in hubby's blogs, the others (the colored ones) are shown here, in twos.

Flowers.

More flowers.

Still more flowers.

And for a visual change, fruits, singly and in bundles.

Ruminating, the ancient Chinese way, hands joined at the back, eyes fixed on the moon partially obscured by bamboo.

1 comment:

Release Live said...

I love the third pictures a lot, both flowers are beautiful and the fruits...yummy, first time you did the fruit, and it's my favorite, is it lyche??? look nice.

I also liike bamboo you draw in the article by the Brother say lee, and the moon is unique..

Oh, in the Lily's sister's house, in the living room, there is a huge chinese brush painting from some an famous artist in taiwan, I keep thinking of you when I walk by, it's quiet unique and it's a drawing of lotus pond, with many lotus and it's leaf.

good job, keep it up.