Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's Chinese calligraphy time ...

I missed the monthly Chinese calligraphy class held last month due to a conflict in my schedule, and the coming one is this weekend. That means practice, practice, and practice to prepare for the class. Here are some samples from my practice session, for the Chinese characters, the way/path in general terms, one of which is the pathway to Enlightenment in Buddhism, appearing twice, followed by the heart, in literal translation, and more apt in Buddhism, the mind.






It seems there is always something that I find inadequate in my Chinese calligraphy, but I intend to pass them on to my teacher, Mr. Yang, for his trained eyes to guide me along. Uttering "every artwork is a good one" in analogy to the dispensation from Master Chin Kung (see below which is my own rendition), Hubby encourages on.

1 comment:

Lee Wei Joo said...

Every artwork is indeed a good one, as each shows the stage of our progress at a particular point of time. I think Mom's renditions of dao (way) and xin (mind) are quite good! Mom's rendition of Master Chin Kung's writings is well appreciated by me. My encouragements for you as well mom!