Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Century Milestone

Today marks a sort of milestone in my painting blog: I hit the century mark. Usually, this is an occasion for reflection, for taking stock, and for affirming what is in store. And I see no reason to deviate.

I certainly have progressed, from being tentative to being more confident, more at ease at letting my brushes do the magic, pictorially. I have also ventured into areas that I have not imagined myself capable of, enhancing my range of repertoire (more like the simple ability to paint).

For reaching where I'm now, I have to thank Mrs. Fan, my Arts teacher, for her patience, her attention to details, and most of all, her friendship; my partners in paintings, for kindred spirit and many hours of shared joy in putting mind to painted form; and last but not the least, for the many visitors to my blog for their encouragement. And it goes without saying, my family for the unconditional support.

And I humbly offer the followings for the occasion. Let's continue the sharing.







1 comment:

Lee Wei Joo said...

Congrats mom on reaching the century mark! Your paintings and drawings have improved so much since then. I can tell that you are happy, serene and enjoying life just by looking at the paintings. They exude these positive qualities. Keep it up! And a thank you to Mrs. Fan and your circle of friends too!