Sunday, September 21, 2008

Gift-bearing friends came acalling

Mary and Wesley, fresh from their recent trip back home to Taiwan, came by our house yesterday, bearing one of the best gifts I've ever received since I started painting in US more than a year ago. Both are by Ms. Yang O-Hsi, and full of exquisitely painted pictures with step-by-step instructions. Thanks, Mary and Wesley, you really made my day.



While the left book was by special order from me, the right one was picked by Wesley, and I like it better than the one I originally asked for. What a surprise!

And here I am, putting the gift to work. Just kidding, this pic was taken earlier, but the joy would be the same as I would be drawing hours and hours of painting pleasure from the two books.

The radiance that I emit when I draw.


Here are today's fare then: landscape paintings.





I just cannot resist sharing this picture of water lily taken at a hill resort at Hualien, courtesy of Mary and Wesley, who were kind enough to share their photo album on their recent trip to Taiwan. I could see that they really had a good time.

1 comment:

Lee Wei Joo said...

That is one of the best landscape paintings I've seen so far! Mom really enjoys doing her work, sharing her joy with others. The water lily is magnificent.