Monday, March 16, 2009

Bamboo Galore By Accident

There is a reason for the Bamboo galore today. I was transferring the black ink from a big bottle that we bought recently at Pearl Fine Art Supplies introduced to us by Mrs. Kim, to a smaller bottle that I have bought from Michaels (black Sumi ink) and have been using when it spilled onto the table because I have underestimated its capacity. It seems a waste to just wipe the stains off the table. So instead, I dipped the Chinese brush into the shallow pool of black ink and the outcome is before you.















2 comments:

Lee Wei Joo said...

How resourceful! And the end results are simply nothing short of extraordinary. I especially liked the first painting, bamboo with a hint of wintery snow. All of the paintings have their own characteristics, whether it be expressing dynamism or being aristocratic. Well done!

c.y. lee said...

Heehee! Funny story. But---the ink was well used! My favorite is the last one.