Friday, December 5, 2008

Birds and Flowers: Magical Combination

After last week's break due to Thanksgiving, my buddy painting class resumed today with Mrs. Kim bearing more gifts this time, a belated gesture for my birthday that went by last month almost unnoticeably. One of them is a blouse which blended so well with her scarf (she put it on me to complement the blouse that I had just changed into) that she gave me the scarf as well. Then there were dodol-like tidbits from Korea that are not sweet at all, just the right stuff for hubby.

More brush magic follows, including one by Mrs. Kim (her name in Chinese appearing therein).









2 comments:

Lee Wei Joo said...

The last painting is my favourite here. The birds are getting more and more lifelike and realistic. Mrs. Kim has artistic talent too!

c.y. lee said...

Ah! Painting buddy. How very nice. I keep trying to get a couple of the craftier (artsy crafty, not manipulative crafty...) girls at work to join me for a craft session but they are so lazy! Or whatever.

I especially like the 2nd and last bird paintings, and I also really like the one by Mrs. Kim. Superb!