Monday, May 12, 2008

Painting the Meticulous Way

Short of a better English word, I have elected to use the term meticulous painting to describe the mode of painting that entails continuing touching up until the level of details desired is reached. These two are patterned after the images available from the Artistic Chinese Creations website, but no tracing, which I find to be straining on my already deteriorated eye sight, was involved. So they are not replicas of the originals, plus I have introduced some minor variations here and there. But I do want to acknowledge the guides and ideas found in the originals.



4 comments:

Lee Wei Joo said...

Wow! The pictures indeed embodies the word meticulous. The first one is so vibrant and full of color! Both are indeed masterworks.

c.y. lee said...

Dang it! Koh beat me to it--my first thought was "wow!" To be framed and put on the wall!

c.y. lee said...

P.S. ----I also like the new header!!! (Good job, Dad!) Am not quite sure about what the Chinese characters mean, though... A brush-pen flying?

Say Lee said...

Literally, my pen is flying. But it's supposed to reflect the English name of the blog in spirit, our attempt at doing it stylishly ...