Friday, November 16, 2007

The Fruits of my Practice

My Arts teacher is out of town this week. So I took the opportunity to do some drawing and painting on my own, practicing the techniques that I've learned in the past weeks. It's kind of a bit of everything: bamboo, flowers, and Chinese lady in traditional dress. Those on white background are drawn on the translucent paper roll that I bought from Michaels Arts and Crafts last week. The price may seem high ($16 per roll) here in comparison with that in Taiwan, but it's more than offset by its immediate availability.

Rippling bamboo ...

There is a reason for this trio. I bought a pair of plastic photo frames. It's curved in plan and has three slots. I intend to cut out the above drawing into three parts (the division is self evident) and put them in the slots. I will show the complete photo frame in a later blog.

The fluttering bamboo leaves. Guess you know where the wind is blowing from ...

These would go onto the second triple frame. Watch this space.

The distracted lady, from reading that is.

And yes, the birds and the bees, and the butterflies too, all drawn in by the fragrance in the air.

2 comments:

Lee Wei Joo said...

Great drawings mom! I can see that you are branching out to draw animals now. Nice!

Release Live said...

They are very beautiful...I seeing new and additionals items now, the bird. I love the bee,.,and the butterfly are beautiful.

actually beside picture 123, I love the last pictures, it's beautiful. Keep it up.

Thank you for the ride today for the Bhante and also for the shopping. It was fun, I enjoy it. thanks. I don't shop a lot so it's kind of fun once a while.

love, yu huei