Friday, October 26, 2007

Lan/Orchid

As intimated here, this is a platform for wify to display her creative side. And today I took the decisive step of creating the blog, coinciding with her weekly arts lessons held on every Friday. Today's focus is Lan, aka Orchid, one that has been personified by chinese poets for ages. That means there will be a weekly blog update by the end of each week. The blog title space looks sparce for now. Hopefully this will be rectified soon (Hint! Hint!).

Actually I did not know it is Orchid, until I googled it. And along with that I learn that it's also the national flower of Venezuela.

Here they are, in varying hues.







6 comments:

Release Live said...

wow, those are beautiful pictures. I can see the art work getting better and better every time. this time, I like all 4 of them. my favor is

4) I like how the pink orchid stand out really well with blue-ish green leaves...also the bottom leaves in here are bit apple green, which add extra color among the leaves, that show out the texture better and make it "refrsh" I am enjoy the orchid.

2) My second favorite is #2 pictures, first, the black and white really make it feel very sophicated and elegant.

Release Live said...

oh sorry did not finished my sentence,...

the second is the different shade of the leaves and the flowers is a good cominbation. they say a pictures worth thousand words...

Keep up the good works, Beekhoon sister, and I am very honor to have the chance to view the draw and able to share it with you.

Bee said...

Thanks for your encouraging words. While innate talent may help sometimes, diligence is still the path.

Release Live said...

yes, well said. when I was little, I was a passionate "want to be" artist.

I think you're right, now I have shift my passion to Buddhism, well, I hope I can be as passionate to Buddhism as I was in art. I think passion, enjoyment of doing something we love, will make our result become excellent...day by day.

Plus, I think it is not just about the result/destiny,...the journel..

good works. keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Blog for mom! Beautiful. I really like them all, particularly the black one--it looks very melancholy, being a dark painting, but so aesthetically pleasing. I can't wait to see more!

Bee said...

That's easy, just come back every weekend.